Porterville College's Entrepreneurship
program provides students with a comprehensive academic experience in entrepreneurship that starts with the classroom and links to the community.
It integrates core business concepts around the formation, start-up, and growth of an entrepreneurial firm. The certificate prepares students to conceive, develop and launch new ventures and to turn
innovative ideas into products that can be brought to market.
Emphasis is place on the financial, legal, and marketing aspects of start-up businesses. Completion of their certificate will provide the student with the entrepreneurial skills that are required to succeed in the small business area.
The Entrepreneurship program is a great opportunity for people who want to start and maintain their own business .
Entrepreneurship is a good choice if the following qualities describe you:
- Customer-service oriented
- Interested in technology
- Good at solving problems and troubleshooting
- Flexible and adaptable
- Friendly, outgoing and patient
- Enjoy multi-taking
Entrepreneurship - The Certificate...
The certificate program requires 17 units for completion; all are required units. The required courses include:
|Introduction to Entrepreneurship||BSAD P160||3 units|
|Entrepreneurial Finance||BSAD P165||3 units|
|Principles of Marketing||MKTG P124||3 units|
|Entrepreneur Business Management||BSAD P161||3 units|
|Entrepreneur Mentor/Internship||BSAD P162||2 units|
|Business Law||BSAD P140||3 units|
|Total units required for Certificate in||Entrepreneurship||17 units|
Upon completion of this program students will be able to...
- Analyze business, economic, or financial principles and explain their application in the entrepreneurial setting.
- Apply written and verbal communication skills in a entrepreneurial business relationship, a teamwork setting and entrepreneurial leadership position.
- Apply the importance of Ethical behavior in the entrepreneurial business environment.
- Demonstrate technological competency by using technology Effectively in the entrepreneurial business environment.