Japanese American internment
During world war ii
Porterville College Library Resources & Policy
Because the books in this special collection are in high demand, there is a limit of two (2) books per person per checkout. The checkout computer does not allow renewals. However, students can check a book in and out again (if there are no holds).
Some library books have a one-week checkout period and some, a six-week checkout. Be sure you know your time limit (1 week or 6 weeks).
A hold may be placed on books checked out to reserve a copy for next use.
manzanar & internment RESOURCES
* Reserve shelf: library checkout counter
- Videos, notebooks, biographies, publications
- Teaching kit for Farewell to Manzanar
* NetLibrary for ebooks (online books)
(Must create free account in library: http://www.Netlibrary.com)
* Databases for magazine/journal/newspaper articles
(Ask library staff for subscription database handout.)
* Reference, nonfiction, and fiction Books
Background Photograph By Lorie Barker
Manzanar Project at PC Home