Porterville College requires parking permits at all parking lots located on the campus. One day parking permits are available in the Business Office or Information Desk for $1.00 each.
Porterville College Term Parking Permits
Porterville College will not be responsible for vehicles, contents, and/or damages incurred while driving or parked on college property.
All permits will be available for purchase on the web at
If paying by credit or debit card, your payment must be made online. If paying by cash, check or through a third party agency/organization, you still must request your permit online and then visit the Admissions and Records or Business Office in the Academic Center to pay.
All term permits will be available for pick up from the Admissions and Records or Business Office in the Academic Center two weeks prior to the start of the semester. If you have a valid handicapped permit issued in your name, you will not need to purchase a permit.
Getting Your Permit
- Go to www.permitsales.net/PortervilleCollege.
- Fill in your last name and your student ID number, with the @ symbol.
- Complete the driver and registered owner information fields.
- Pay online with a credit card or pay at the Admissions and Records or Business Office with cash or a check. If another entity/organization (e.g. Department of Rehabilitation, Department of Veteran Affairs, or PC Veterans Center) is paying for your permit, please select "other" as your payment method.
- Pick up your permit from the Admissions and Records or Business Office two weeks prior to the start of the semester.
Parking permits are valid only when displayed in the proper manner in/on the vehicle. Proper posting of permits is affixed to the inside of the lower left (driver’s side) corner of the front windshield allowing full visibility of the vehicle identification number.
Parking is defined as to park or leave standing any type vehicle, whether occupied or not, other than for the purpose of, or while actually engaged in, loading or unloading passengers and/or equipment. Vehicles shall not be parked or left standing, even though occupied by driver and/or passenger in a loading zone, disabled zone, limited-time zone or any other limited or restricted parking zone, other than that time specified by sign and/or curb markings, or areas not designated for use.
- Parking on the Porterville College campus is in marked parking slots. Vehicles must be parked face forward, within the two (2) painted lines and not over the front painted limit line.
- Limited time (30 minute) visitor parking is provided at the front of the College. Porterville College staff and/or students are NOT visitors or guests. Guest/Visitors using limited time parking do not require parking permits.
- In case of extended visits, Guest & Visitor parking permits may be obtained at the Information Desk in the Academic Center. The completed Guest/Visitor parking permit shall be placed in plain view atop the driver's side of the dash.
- All parking permits are the responsibility of the holder and/or purchaser and will not be replaced if lost or stolen. Report lost/stolen permits to Campus Security and complete an Incident Report, available from Campus Security or the Information Desk.
- No person shall drive, park or leave standing any motor vehicle, motorcycle, moped or motor driven cycle upon any area not designated for motor vehicle use including any lawn, athletic field, practice area, or sidewalk.
- Read and obey all traffic and parking signs and markings.
- Orange Curbed Zone: District Parking Zone for “E” (exempt) District Vehicles only.
- Yellow Curbed Zone: Reserved for the exclusive use of public carriers and/or school buses.
- Yellow Posted Zone: Reserved for the exclusive use of District Vehicles; & loading/unloading passengers (3 minutes); loading/unloading of materials only (30 minute maximum). May be used by employees, students, visitors and/or vendors.
- Green Zone: For the exclusive use of guests and visitors only, limited to 30 minutes. Other special parking permits may be requested at Admissions and Records.
- Red Zone: No parking anytime. Tow away zone.
- Blue Zone: Reserved for the exclusive use of disabled parking.
Parking Citations & Fines
Violations of the parking regulations will result in receiving a citation. Appeal forms contesting citations are available online (Traffic-Citation-Appeal-Form-ext.pdf), at the Information Center in the Academic Center or at the Campus Security Office in the Learning Resource Center Building. Beginning Fall 2014, appeals must be filed online at www.CitationProcessingCenter.com.
Citations will not be recommended for dismissal for a lost or forgotten permit, improperly displayed permit, not knowing the regulations, not displaying day permits date-stamp side up, and/or not seeing the signs.
The minimum fine for citations issued is $25.00 and due within 21 days of the parking violations. Additional penalties will be assessed on unpaid citations. If citations are unpaid for 60 days, a second notice will be sent on day 61 and the citation will be declared delinquent.
Campus Security Contact Information
Emergency - (559) 791-2200 and/or call 911
Campus Security - (559) 791-2440 and/or call evening security (559) 310-2143