VACCINATION REQUIREMENT: ANY student who has not submitted their proof of vaccination or applied for an exemption before November 1, 2021 will no longer be allowed to attend on-campus classes or visit the campus for any reason starting Monday, November 1st (you will be given a red pass in the KCCD Campus Pass App). Your ability to register for in-person classes may also be affected. Read more »

Porterville College

Credits Allowed

Credits Allowed from Other Institutions

Porterville College grants credit for lower division work from accredited colleges or universities. Transferred courses may count toward completion of general education, majors, certificates, electives, and developmental or prerequisite requirements. Before an evaluation of courses from other colleges and universities can be completed, students must submit official copies of transcripts showing all attempted work from each college or university attended. Unofficial copies of transcripts cannot be used to officially evaluate courses for transfer.

When a degree evaluation application has been submitted, the campus evaluator will complete an official evaluation of the transferred courses. Students wishing to have transcripts evaluated prior to the formal degree evaluation process may do so by completing the Request for Transcript Evaluation in the Office of Admissions and Records. For courses taken from out-of-state or private colleges where a catalog and course descriptions are not on file at the college, the student will be responsible for providing a copy of the course descriptions to the campus evaluator.

Failure to provide official transcripts will delay and possibly prevent graduation. Transcripts should be sent directly from the college or university to the Porterville College Office of Admissions and Records. All transcripts become the property of the college and will not be returned or released to other institutions.


June 11, 2014