You may view your registration date by using the following steps:
- Click on "InsidePC" at the top left-hand corner of the PC web page,
- Enter your “college email address” and “password” ,
- Click on “Login”
- Click on the "Student" tab.
- In the middle column, find the box titled "Registration Tools."
- Then, select “Registration Status” in order to find the date you can register for courses.
- When you are able to register, you will use the "Look Up Classes" and "Add or Drop Classes" links in that same location.
- When you are finished registering, you can click the "Class Schedule" link to get a list of your classes.
Priority Registration is assigned by the number of units and Matriculation Components completed.
The Matriculation Components are as follows:
- Student Educational Plan (SEP)
State mandated regulations (e.g. EOPS, DSPS). In addition the college may identify other special populations.
- Continuing Students with all four Matriculation Components completed.
- Continuing Students completing any three of the Matriculation Components
- New Students/High School Seniors completing any three of the Matriculation Components (excluding SEP)
- Continuing Students with Associate Degree or higher
- Newly Matriculated Students completing Assessment, Orientation, Counseling.
- Continuing Students, Non Matriculated.
- Open Registration.
The schedule is on-line. Check the Academic Calendar for Registration dates.
We welcome you to attend Porterville College! Start by completing the Porterville College Admissions Application on-line, it will take up to 24 hours to process your application and don’t forget to submit the signature page. You may begin the Matriculation process by making an appointment for Assessment and Orientation through the Counseling Center at 559.791.2329. Once you have completed the first steps you are ready to make an appointment with a counselor! If you have any questions, the counseling center is ready to assist you!
Students receive a priority registration number based on the total number of units completed and the completion of the matriculation requirements of assessment, orientation, and seeing a counselor. Students who have fewer units or may not have completed all of the matriculation requirements will receive a lower priority number. In addition, by law the college is required to grant priority registration to military veterans and students in the EOPS and DRC programs.
If you have more units completed than your friend, but you have a later registration time, it is probably because your friend completed the matriculation requirements of taking the assessment, attending orientation and seeing a counselor and you did not. Or, your friend might be a military veteran or in the EOPS or DRC programs which the college, by law, is required to grant priority registration to.
Yes. By law, the college is required to grant priority registration to military veterans, and students in the EOPS and DRC programs.
No. You can register any time after your registration day/time, but if you wait you are essentially giving up your priority registration time to another student. The longer you wait, the more likely the classes you want will be filled. You cannot, however, register before your scheduled registration day/time.
You can find your registration time by logging into "InsidePC" and then "Banner Self-Service" on the college website and follow the instructions to get to your registration day/time. A counselor can also assist you.
If you wait you are essentially giving up your priority registration time to another student, and the longer you wait the more likely the classes you want will be filled.