Porterville College

people sitting

Veteran's Education

Important Note: ALL CLASSES will be delivered ONLINE this Fall Semester.

Classes that are listed in the schedule as "Flexible" are still ONLINE classes. They simply do not have a single set meeting time (asynchronous). All "Flexible" classes have varying meeting times that will be specified by your instructor.

Classes listed as "Scheduled" are also ONLINE courses. These classes will have specific meeting times (i.e. Tuesdays at 4:00 pm).

Click Here for Admissions and Records FAQs

Porterville College honors and supports the sacrifices of those who have served in our nation’s military and is approved as an institution of higher learning for the training of veterans and dependents of veterans who are entitled to educational assistance. Services for Veterans include: Priority registration, designated veterans counselor, free parking pass, and more.  

For more information, visit our Veteran's Education page. 

Step 1: Apply for Admission.

Make sure to mark "veteran" status on the application. Get a copy of your DD214, you will need to provide this to the campus VA clerk for certification and priority registration. 

Step 2: Get Classes

Make an appointment to see the Veterans Counselor and complete a Student Educational Plan (SEP). Register for classes online through InsidePC account. Return to Veterans Counselor a "Request for Certification - Approved Schedule Plan."

Step 3: Get Benefits

Apply online for your GI Bill benefits at www.gibill.va.gov (you can do this prior to your counseling appointment). Provide VAclerk with a copy of the letter you receive. 

Step 4: Get Aid

Visit Financial Aid office (AC-103) to receive information about additional financial aid. Complete FAFSA and BOG fee waiver. 

Step 5: Get Going

Go to class and visit the VRC frequently to take advantage of benefits. Meet with Veterans Counselor each semester. Join the Student Veterans Organization. 



Kern Community College District