What is UMOJA?
Umoja, (a Kiswahili word meaning unity) is a community and critical resource dedicated to enhancing the cultural and educational experiences of African Americans and other students.
How Do I Participate in UMOJA?
Complete the UMOJA interest form (make sure to select Porterville College in the drop-down menu once you click on the link), and a staff member will get in touch with you:
UMOJA Interest Form
What Benefits Come With Participating in UMOJA?
- Student Success Program for African American and Black Students
- Students will be offered
- Academic Advising
- Culturally relevant professional and personal development
- Support with academic success resources
- Access to a multi-college and university network
- Peer mentorship
- Access to the PC UMOJA Village