Department of Education Required Disclosures for the Receipt and Use of CARES Act Funds
The required disclosure (see the link at the bottom for download) contains the following information:
- An acknowledgment that the school signed and returned the Certification and Agreement and the assurance that the institution used—or intends to use—at least 50 percent of the Cares Act funds received for emergency grants to students.
- Porterville College signed the Certification and Agreement on April 14, 2020. We will use 50% of the Cares Act funds received for emergency grants to students as required by the Certification and Agreement.
- The total amount of funds a school received—or will receive—from ED.
- Porterville College will receive $2,896,674, PHEER II Direct Student Aid.
- The total amount of emergency grants distributed to students as of the posting/submission date.
- Porterville College has distributed $928,650.
- The estimated number of students eligible to participate in the emergency grant program (the number of Title IV eligible students under Section 484 of the Higher Education Act).
- Porterville College has 4,294 FAFSAs on file for the 2020-2021 year.
- The total number of students who have received emergency grants under the CARES Act.
- 2,539 students as of June 30, 2021.
- The method(s) used to determine which students received the emergency grants and how much they received based on need and current funding received. See the CARE Quarterly Budget report at the bottom for the full details.
- Remaining CARES Funds will be determined by CARES Grant Applications submitted by all currently enrolled students as well as a report for all students enrolled for the Summer and/or Fall 2021.
- Any instructions, directions, or guidance provided to students concerning the emergency grants, will be send via email and available on this CARES Act webpage.
To view the disclosures, please click the following button to open and download the document: