Apply for Scholarships Now
Porterville College awards scholarships to students presently enrolled and attending Porterville College, as well as graduating sophomores continuing their education at a four-year institution. Applicants are considered for all awards for which they qualify. Applications are available online during the filing period. Some scholarships are awarded on the basis of grades alone, but many also have other requirements to qualify. The Porterville College Foundation scholarship application is available on this website in mid-October and due mid-November for the following year. The annual Scholarship Awards Ceremony is held in late April.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Only regular admit students are eligible to apply.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act Application (CADAA).
- Complete a minimum of 12 units at Porterville College by the end of the Fall 2018 semester.
- Cumulative GPA, 2.5 by the end of Fall 2018 semester.
- Only PC transcripts will be used for eligibility unless you provide an unofficial transcript from another college or university with your application.
- Confidential references are required.
- References are completed during the application process.
- This person should be a faculty/teacher or other professional familiar with your ability as a student. This cannot be someone related to you.
Off-campus based scholarships are available from agencies, organizations, and 4-year colleges. You may obtain information on private scholarships from high school counselors and the Porterville College Financial Aid Office.
PC First Scholarship and Award for Graduating High School Seniors
The Porterville College Foundation (PCF) also offers two awards to students graduating from high school. Scholarships are awarded based on grade point average and they do not require repayment.
(Subject to change with notice)
- Applications are available from your counselor or call the PC Foundation Office, and are due to your high school scholarship representative mid-April and they will forward the necessary information to the Porterville College Foundation Office.
- The term of the program is for two consecutive semesters only.
- The PC FIRST PROGRAM does not supplant federal or state financial aid or other scholarships.
- Qualification for either a Scholarship or an Award is based on your GPA and attendance at Porterville College. The PC First Scholarship or Award is non-transferable to any other college or university.
PC First Scholarship ($1,000)
- An overall grade point average of 3.50 or above throughout high school is required regardless of classes taken
- In order to receive your scholarship, you must attend Porterville College the semester immediately following graduation from high school.
- A 3.0 (B) grade point average and 12 units of transfer-level classes per semester at Porterville College are required to maintain your scholarship (Two PE units that qualify for graduation requirements can count towards full-time status).
- $500 is applied directly to the student's account at the beginning of each of the two semesters (Fall and Spring). No payments are authorized prior to the beginning of the semester.
PC First Award ($500)
- An overall grade point average of 3.0 to 3.49 throughout high school is required, regardless of classes taken.
- In order to receive your award, you must attend Porterville College the semester immediately following graduation from high school.
- A full load of classes (12 units per semester) at Porterville College is necessary to receive the award (Two PE units that qualify for graduation requirements can count towards full-time status).
- $500 is applied directly to the students account at the beginning of the fall semester. No payments are authorized prior to the beginning of the semester.