Porterville College is an open campus filled with people who care about each other. Because of its open accessibility, all students, faculty and staff are encouraged to exercise a sense of personal responsibility for their own safety and well-being, and the safety and well-being of others. While crime can happen anywhere, when we act as a community that knows and cares about the safety of others, ourselves and our property, we lessen the likelihood of being victimized, and we showcase our Pirate Pride.
Campus Safety Tips:
- Lock your car doors anytime you leave the car. It takes only seconds to lock and unlock your car doors, and these seconds can save you from being victimized.
- Don’t leave obvious valuables in plain view in your car. Sometimes, temptation and availability is all that is needed to cause a would-be thief to attempt and complete a theft.
- Walk with a friend when out late at night, and walk on designated pathways and well-lit areas. There is truly safety in numbers.
- Keep emergency numbers in your phone.
- If you see something, say something. Report any criminal or suspicious activities or other emergencies that occur on campus to the Security Office at 559-791-2440 or Information Desk 559-791-2200.