The Writing Center is an academic support service for currently enrolled PC students. It provides one-on-one assistance to students during any phase of the writing process: brainstorming, prewriting, researching, drafting, and revising. The following services are available to students who use the Writing Center:
- Open computers for students to work on a paper/writing project (on any subject) that is open to receiving guidance.
- Tutors, mentors, and faculty available to review papers.
Writing Center Tutor/Faculty Schedule
On Fridays, we will have “Get That Paper Done” Day! During this event, the following services will be available to students:
- Students may bring in an assignment and/or any completed work to be reviewed.
- Students will meet with a staff member who will recommend a computer station where the student will be assisted in the following areas: thesis statements, introduction, body paragraphs, conclusion, MLA format, APA format, etc.
- Free printing will be provided for students who complete their papers or are ready for consultation.
- We will also offer Brain Food in the lobby.
The Writing Center is open the following hours for Spring 2019
Located in Computer Commons A
Wednesdays: 9am – 2pm
Thursdays: 1pm – 5pm
Fridays: 9am – 12pm