Michelle is currently the Interim Dean of Instruction at Porterville College. While relatively new to PC (one year as of early 2021), she has been employed with the Kern Community College District for four years. Prior to KCCD, she was the Director of Grants and Resources at Pierce College District in Lakewood, WA. Prior to that, she worked in community non-profits for 25 years.
- Bachelor’s of Science degree (Cameron University-Lawton, OK) - major Psychology
- Masters in Business Administration (University of Phoenix)
- Doctor of Education (Northeastern University-Boston MA) Curriculum, Teaching, Leadership, and Learning
- She is currently studying for a Master in Instructional Design at Western Governors University-SLC Utah
She has also been very active in community organizations:
- Toastmasters. Offices held President, Area Director, Division Director. Awarded Distinguished Toastmaster
- American Association of University Women, Bakersfield local branch board of directors 2018-present
- American Association of University Women, California state board of directors 2020-2022 and co-chair of state marketing committee
- Washington Amaranth, past president of local chapter, past state officer 2018-19, and Chair of state finance committee 2019-2021
- Job's Daughters, Bakersfield advisory board 2017-present. International Jobs Daughter chair of Alumni committee 2019-21. Long standing volunteer 2005-present.