With students as our focus, Porterville College provides our local and diverse communities quality education that promotes intellectual curiosity, personal growth, and lifelong learning, while preparing students for vocational and academic success.
In support of our values and philosophy, Porterville College will:
- Provide quality academic programs to all students who are capable of benefiting from community college instruction.
- Provide comprehensive support services to help students achieve their personal, vocational and academic potential.
- Prepare students for transfer and success at four-year institutions.
- Provide courses and training to prepare students for employment or to enhance skills within their current careers.
- Provide developmental education to students who need to enhance their knowledge and understanding of basic skills.
- Recognize student achievement through awarding degrees, certificates, grants, and scholarships.
Porterville College's core values define the character of the institution and are active ingredients in all that the College does. Through our commitment to these values the College can better serve and be more responsive to its students, staff, and community:
- Collaboration - working together to encourage input and dialogue in a collegial and cooperative manner.
- Respect - treating each other with respect, trust, and dignity.
- Innovation - nurturing and supporting exploration of new ideas, programs, and services to enhance our service to the community.
- Accountability - continuously assessing where we are as a College and to assume responsibility for all that we do.
- Equity - reducing achievement gaps between demographic groups.
- Participation - fostering and encouraging the involvement of staff and students in campus activities and the various aspects of the College decision-making process.
In support of our mission and values, Porterville College will base its decisions and actions upon the following beliefs: :
- All students at Porterville College will be treated with respect and dignity regardless of who they are or the goals they have established for themselves.
- The College staff will provide the best service possible to its students in order for them to meet their individual academic or vocational goals.
- The College will encourage innovation, creativity, and new ideas and will support professional development opportunities.
- As an integral part of the community, the College will develop and enhance partnerships with schools, colleges, universities, businesses and community-based organizations to respond to the educational, workforce, and economic development needs of the region.
- As an integral part of the Kern Community College District, the College will participate in and be actively involved with all district-wide committees and governance structures.