With students as our focus, Porterville College provides our diverse local communities quality education that promotes intellectual curiosity, personal growth, and lifelong learning, while preparing students for career and academic success.
In support of our values and philosophy, Porterville College will:
- Provide quality academic programs to all students.
- Provide comprehensive support services to help students achieve their personal, career and academic potential.
- Prepare students for transfer and success at four-year institutions.
- Provide courses and training to prepare students for employment or to enhance skills within their current careers.
- Provide comprehensive support systems tailored to each student’s skill level.
- Recognize student achievement through awarding degrees, certificates, grants, and scholarships.
Porterville College’s core values define the character of the institution and are active ingredients in all that the College does. Through our commitment to these values the College can better serve and be more responsive to its students, staff, and community:
- Participation - fostering and encouraging the involvement of staff and students in campus activities and the various aspects of the College decision-making process.
- Integrity - holding one another accountable and remaining transparent by adhering to the highest academic and professional standards.
- Respect - treating each other with respect, trust, and dignity.
- Adaptability - nurturing and supporting exploration of innovative ideas, programs, and services to enhance our service to the community.
- Teamwork - working together to encourage input and dialogue in a collegial and cooperative manner.
- Equity - Supporting students in achieving their full educational potential regardless of race, ethnicity, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, immigration status, religion, ability, culture, and learning modality.
- Success – Striving to continually support students in achieving their academic, career, and personal goals.
In support of our mission and values, Porterville College will base its decisions and actions upon the following beliefs:
- All students at Porterville College will be treated with respect and dignity regardless of who they are or the goals they have established for themselves.
- Porterville College will provide the best possible service to its students in order for them to meet their individual academic or vocational goals.
- Porterville College will encourage innovation, creativity, and new ideas and will support professional development opportunities.
- As an integral part of the community, Porterville College will develop and enhance partnerships with schools, colleges, universities, businesses, and community-based organizations to respond to the educational, workforce, and economic development needs of the region.
- As an integral part of the Kern Community College District, Porterville College will participate in and be actively involved with all district-wide committees and governance structures.