The Porterville College Job, Entrepreneur, and Career (J.E.C.) Center invites the public to attend their free, career development workshops being held at Porterville College throughout the summer.
Upcoming public workshops include:
- June 23 - “Resume Hero,” 5:30-6:30 p.m. in L449. Attendees will learn how to format a new resume or update an existing one with the skills employers are looking for. Guests will also have a chance to upload their resume to websites like CareerBuilder.com.
- June 29 - “Resume Hero,” 8-9 a.m. in L449.
- July 7 - “Preparing for the Workforce,” noon to 1 p.m. in LRC513. The workplace is changing; see what resources are available to help you succeed.
- July 15 - “CTE (Career and Technical Education) Career Readiness,” 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. in LRC513. Learn about various Career and Technical Education courses being offered at Porterville College.
- July 21 - “Social Media Marketing,” 5:30- 6:30 p.m. in LRC513. Learn how to use social media to promote your large or small business; what platforms should you use and how.
- July 23 - “CTE (Career and Technical Education) Career Readiness,” 2:30-3:30 p.m. in LRC513.
The J.E.C. Center at Porterville College provides personalized services and programs. Whether you need help choosing major, exploring careers, starting your own business, or developing a resume, J.E.C. staff is here to help you make the necessary preparations to achieve your goals and to ensure a successful transition from academic life to the working world.
More workshops will be offered in the fall semester. Workshops are FREE and open to the public. Parking permits will not being required during the workshops.