Library Resources and Services:
Porterville College Library provides information resources in a variety of formats and functions: print books and periodicals, reserves, reference, fiction, poetry, non-fiction, media, Valley Writers, and more.
Computers provide students with access to online databases, full-text electronic books, and the Internet. Wi-Fi is available. Students can do their homework in the study rooms, carrels, and the comfortable, quiet reading area. Card-activated copiers and printers are available.
Key library services include checking out circulating books and reserve items as well as reference librarian assistance.
CHAP Theme - 2015-2016:
"The Life of Books: Written Language Past and Present"
Resources, topics and titles.
Access for the following requires PC student or Staff ID#:
Databases (Access requires PC Student or Staff ID#)
- Addictions & Substance Abuse
- Complimentary & Alternative Medicine
- Psychology & Mental Health
- Critical Insights -
Nature & Environment
- Critical Insights - The American Comic Book
- Critical Survey of Graphic Novels: History, Theme and Techniques
- Critical Surveys - Shakespeare's Sonnets
- American Immigration
- Latinos: Great Lives
- Modern Scandals
- Milestone Documents
- Biomes & Ecosystems
- Earth Science:
- Materials & Resources
- Weather, Water, Atmosphere
- Surface & History
- Physics and Chemistry
- Forensic Science
- Encyclopedia of Global Warming