Porterville College

PC Library

Financial Aid Eligibility

Who may apply for Financial Aid?

To be eligible, you must :

  • be a U.S. Citizen or eligible non-citizen
  • be registered with Selective Services (if required)
  • be attending a participating school
  • be working towards a degree or certificate
  • be making satisfactory academic progress
  • not owe a refund on a Federal grant or be indefault on a federal education loan
  • have a financial need

In addition:

Students enrolled in school less than half time may be eligible for Federal Pell Grants.

Conviction of drug distribution or possession may make a student ineligible.


Kern Community College District