The CalWORKs Program provides services to students who receive TANF (Temporary Aid for Needy Families, formally known as AFDC) and who have been referred by their TulareWORKs caseworker and monitors academic progress. Other services include CalWorks work study (on- and off-campus), job placement, job search skills, resume writing, interviewing techniques, academic advising, books, funding for child care, mileage reimbursement, and job readiness workshops.
Presentation Request Form
What can PC CalWORKs do for you?
- Child care referrals
- Financial aid advising
- Career development workshops
- Work study programs on-campus
- Off-campus job placement
- Advancement toward vocational degree or certificate leading to employment
- Links to key PC departments and outside agencies
- Job training leading toward employment
- Referred by TulareWORKs caseworker. Must be receiving TANF case aid and have a Welfare-To-Work Plan
- Student completes college matriculation process i.e. application, assessment and orientation
- Meets with counselor and enrolled in classes
- Completes PC CalWORKs paperwork i.e. application, release of information, Ed Plan and Activity Plan
- Student provides the Agency Certification "gold form" to the PC CalWORKs Office
- Educational, academic, financial and personal counseling
- Job placement on and off campus
- Book services
CalWORKS Student Success Stories
CalWORKs has made it possible for mH to get my Associates Degree and Certificate in Communications I, giving me the motivation to do the Psychiatric Technician program. I am proud to say I will be graduating this December and applying for my dream job. Because of CalWORKs I am going to further my education in Psychology and Transfer to a CSU next year!
Biological and Physical Science
CalWORKs has given hope when all hope was gone. Gave me the chance to become a better person with a better future.