Scholarships at Porterville College
Porterville College has many scholarships ranging from $250 to $4000. These scholarships are awarded to students presently enrolled and attending Porterville College, as well as graduating sophomores continuing their education at a four-year institution.
Scholarship Applications are available each year on October 15th.
The DEADLINE is November 15th.
Contact Carol Bodine at 559.791.2319, AC-102 or
Tiffany Haynes at 559.791.2447, AC-103.
Applicants are considered for all awards for which they qualify. Applications are available online during the filing period. For additional information on scholarships, contact the Porterville College Foundation Office at 559.791.2319.
Scholarships are awarded based on grade point average and they do not require repayment. Some scholarships are awarded on the basis of grades alone, but many also have other requirements to qualify.
Off-campus based Scholarships are available from agencies, organizations, and 4-year colleges. You may obtain information on private scholarships from high school counselors and the Porterville College Financial Aid Office.
The Porterville College Foundation scholarship application is available on this website in mid-October and due mid-November for the following year. The annual Scholarship Awards Ceremony is held in late April. For more information check back in early October or call the Foundation office at (559) 791-2319.”
The Porterville College Foundation (PCF) offers two awards to students graduating from high school. You may qualify for one of these!
Awards are based on available funds and selection is based upon the highest grade point average (GPA).
- Applications are available from your counselor or call the PC Foundation Office, and are due to your high school scholarship representative by April 10, 2015, and they will forward the necessary information to the Porterville College Foundation Office.
- The term of the program is for two consecutive semesters only.
- The PC FIRST PROGRAM does not supplant federal or state financial aid or other scholarships.
- Qualification for either a Scholarship or an Award is based on your GPA and attendance at Porterville College in the Fall of 2015. The PC First Scholarship or Award is non-transferable to any other college or university.
PC First Scholarship ($1,000)
- An overall grade point average of 3.50 or above throughout high school is required regardless of classes taken
- In order to receive your scholarship, you must attend Porterville College the semester immediately following graduation from high school.
- A 3.0 (B) grade point average and 12 units of transfer level classes per semester at Porterville College are required to maintain your scholarship (Two PE units that qualify for graduation requirements can count towards 2015-2016 full-time status).
- $500 is applied directly to the student's account at the beginning of each of the two semesters (Fall and Spring). No payments are authorized prior to the beginning of the semester.
PC First Award ($500)
- An overall grade point average of 3.0 to 3.49 throughout high school is required, regardless of classes taken.
- In order to receive your award, you must attend Porterville College the semester immediately following graduation from high school.
- A full load of classes (12 units per semester) at Porterville College is necessary to receive the award (Two PE units that qualify for graduation requirements can count towards 2015-2016 full-time status).
- $500 is applied directly to the students account at the beginning of the fall semester. No payments are authorized prior to the beginning of the semester.