Porterville College requires parking permits at ALL parking lots located on the campus. One-day parking permits are available at the Student Center Parking Kiosk for $1.00 each (next to Barnes & Noble). Students possessing a valid State Disabled Person Placard and/or temporary campus disabled parking permit do not require a parking permit. Those students may park anywhere parking is permitted or disabled parking stall on campus.
Citations for parking violations will begin on Monday, June 24, 2019 for Summer 2019 Sessions.
Purchase your permits online at www.permitsales.net/PortervilleCollege
- Fall - $20
- Spring - $20
- Summer - $10
If paying by credit or debit card, your payment must be made online. If paying by cash, check or through a third party agency/organization, you still must request your permit online and then visit the Admissions and Records or Business Office in the Academic Center to pay.
Porterville College will not be responsible for vehicles, contents, and/or damages incurred while driving or parked on college property.
Getting Your Permit
- Go to www.permitsales.net/PortervilleCollege.
- Fill in your last name and your student ID number, with the @ symbol.
- Complete the driver and registered owner information fields.
- Pay online with a credit card or pay at the Admissions & Records or Business Office with cash or a check. If another entity/organization (e.g. Department of Rehabilitation, Department of Veteran Affairs, or PC Veterans Center) is paying for your permit, please select "other" as your payment method.
- Your permit will be MAILED to the address you entered during the order process within 14 days after payment. A temporary permit will be emailed to you to print until you receive the decal in the mail.
- No ticketing the first 2 weeks of school.
Parking permits are valid only when displayed in the proper manner in/on the vehicle. Proper posting of permits is affixed to the inside of the lower left (driver’s side) corner of the front windshield allowing full visibility of the vehicle identification number. Faculty & Students will receive a ticket if they park in the District or Visitor parking area.
Traffic and Parking Regulations
- Students must purchase a parking permit to park on the Porterville College campus. Students possessing a valid State Disabled Person Placard and/or temporary campus disabled parking permit do not require a parking permit. Those students may park anywhere parking is permitted or disabled parking stall on campus.
- Parking permits are valid only when displayed in the proper manner in/on the vehicle. Proper posting of permits is as follows: Posted on the drivers side, lower left side of the windshield.
- Parking on the Porterville College campus is in marked parking slots. Vehicles must be parked face forward, within the two painted lines and not over the front painted limit line.
- Limited time (30 minutes) visitor parking is provided at the front of the college. Porterville College staff and/or students are NOT visitors or guests. Guests/visitors using limited-time parking do not require parking permits.
- In case of extended visits, guest/visitor parking permits may be obtained at the Information Desk in the Academic Center. The completed guest/visitor parking permit shall be placed in plain view atop the left side of the dash.
- All parking permits are the responsibility of the holder and/or purchaser and will not be replaced if lost or stolen. Report lost/stolen permits to campus security and complete an incident report, available from campus security or the Information Desk.
- No person shall drive, park or leave standing any motor vehicle, motorcycle, moped or motor-driven cycle upon any area not designated for motor vehicle use including any lawn, athletic field, practice area, or sidewalk.
- Read and obey all traffic and parking signs and markings.
- Anyone receiving a citation is allowed to file an appeal contesting the action. Information is listed on the back of the citation. The decision from a written appeal is final.
- The minimum fine for citations issued is $25.00.
- Parking Defined: To park or leave standing any type vehicle, whether occupied or not, other than for the purpose of, or while actually engaged in, loading or unloading passengers and/or equipment. Vehicles shall not be parked or left standing, even though occupied by driver and/or passenger in a loading zone, disabled zone, limited-time zone or any other limited or restricted parking zone, other than that time specified by sign and/or curb markings, or areas not designed for use.
- Staff Only Parking: Staff parking zone is reserved for Porterville College staff with a valid staff or adjunct parking permit
- District Only Parking Zone: Reserved for campus fleet and KCCD vehicles
- Law Enforcement Only Parking: Reserved for the exclusive use of public law enforcement vehicles.
- Orange Curbed Zone: District parking zone for “E” (exempt) district vehicles only.
- Yellow Curbed Zone: Reserved for the exclusive use of public carriers and/or school buses.
- Yellow Posted Zone: Reserved for the exclusive use of district vehicles; loading/unloading passengers (3 minutes); loading/unloading of materials only (30 minutes maximum). May be used by employees, students, visitors and/or vendors.
- Green Zone: For the exclusive use of guests and visitors only, limited to 30 minutes. Other special parking permits may be requested at the Office of Admissions and Records.
- Red Zone: No parking any time – tow away zone.
- Blue Zone: Reserved for the exclusive use of disabled parking.
August 8, 2018