What can PC CalWORKs do for you?
- Child care referrals
- Financial aid advising
- Career development workshops
- Work study programs on-campus
- Off-campus job placement
- Advancement toward vocational degree or certificate leading to employment
- Links to key PC departments and outside agencies
- Job training leading toward employment
- Referred by TulareWORKs caseworker. Must be receiving TANF cash aid and have a Welfare-To-Work Plan
- Student completes college matriculation process i.e. application, placement and orientation.
- Meets with counselor and enrolled in classes
- Completes PC CalWORKs paperwork i.e. application, release of information, Ed Plan and Activity Plan
- Student provides the Agency Certification "gold form" to the PC CalWORKs Office
CalWORKS Virtual Office Hours
|Mon||2:00 pm - 5:00 pm|
|Tue||2:00 pm - 5:00 pm|
|Wed||7:30 am - 11:00 am|
|Thu||7:30 am - 11:00 am|
Click on this Zoom Link for virtual assistance.
In our Virtual Office, staff can help with: questions, scheduling appointments, paperwork, and other services!
Apply for CalWORKs at Porterville College:
If you have any questions, please contact CalWORKs at (559)791-2303.
- Educational, academic, financial and personal counseling
- Job placement on and off campus
- Book services
- Food Pantry
CalWORKS General Contact Number: 559-791-2303
|Diana Cabrera||Department Assistant IIIfirstname.lastname@example.org||559-791-2223|
|Ena See||Adjunct Counseloremail@example.com||559-791-2270|