Library Resources and Services:
Porterville College Library provides information resources in a variety of formats and functions: print books and periodicals, reserves, reference, fiction, poetry, non-fiction, media, Valley Writers, and more.
Computers provide students with access to online databases, full-text electronic books, and the Internet. Wi-Fi is available. Students can do their homework in the study rooms, carrels, and the comfortable, quiet reading area. Card-activated copiers and printers are available.
Key library services include checking out circulating books and reserve items as well as reference librarian assistance.
Access to the following requires PC student or Staff ID#:
(Access requires PC Student or Staff ID#)
Salem Press is a print and online encyclopedia resource utilized by Porterville College Library.
- Addictions & Substance Abuse
- Complimentary & Alternative Medicine
- Psychology & Mental Health
- Critical Insights -
Nature & Environment
- Critical Insights - The American Comic Book
- Critical Survey of Graphic Novels: History, Theme and Techniques
- Critical Survey - Shakespeare's Plays
- Critical Survey - Shakespeare's Sonnets
- American Immigration
- Immigration & Immigrant Communities (1650-2016)
- Issues in U.S. Immigration
- Latinos: Great Lives
- Modern Scandals
- Milestone Documents
- Biomes & Ecosystems
- Earth Science:
- Materials & Resources
- Weather, Water, Atmosphere
- Surface & History
- Physics and Chemistry
- Forensic Science
- Encyclopedia of Global Warming
- Principles of Computer Science