Early Child Care Administration Specialization (CA)

PC Campus

Learn More About Early Child Care Administration Specialization (CA)

The Early Child Care Administration Specialization Certificate of Achievement is designed to prepare students to work with adults in early care and education settings. All professionals working with adults are required to have 6 units of specialized course work in Child Development Administration and Supervision and 3 units of course work in Adult Supervision, 350 days of experience within 4 years, including 100 days of supervising adults, and meet the Porterville College Child Development Teacher Permit certificate requirements. Students may meet the requirements of a Master Teacher or Site Supervisor California Child Development Permit. The California Child Development Permit Matrix requirements are reflected in our program allowing students to qualify for the permits required for teaching in programs governed by Title V and funded by contracts with the State of California. Permits are issued by the State Department of Education, California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (not Porterville College) and include: Assistant Teacher, Associate Teacher, Teacher, Master Teacher, and Site Supervisor.

Map Your Program Pathway Here

PC Pathways Mapper

Before You Go

  • Ever wondered what the acronyms of our programs mean (i.e. AA-T, AA, AS-T, etc.)?
  • Curious about our Distance Education options?
  • Learn more about the different degree and certificate types, including which programs can be done through Distance Education, by visiting our Certificates and Degrees Offered page.