Safe Spaces logo

In keeping with Porterville College’s commitment to creating a safe campus, the Office of Student Life exists to provide a space for members of the college community to explore issues relating to sexual and gender identities, practices, and politics. The Office of Student Life offers Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer or Questioning, Intersex and Asexual (LGBTQIA+) students and staff a place to join in the common celebration of their experience. It also promotes student leadership, professional and academic equity, and visibility of gender and sexual minorities in addition to providing educational resources and programs for the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender or Questioning (LGBTQ) and Allies community. We value intersectionality, racial and economic justice, and support other campus groups in striving towards such justice.

Campus Contact

Since homophobia and limited understanding negatively impact LGBTQIA+ individuals, we strive to make it known that the LGBTQIA+ population is welcomed in any environment at PC. Our campus identifies a growing network of students, faculty, staff, and community members who are willing and prepared to provide support and information to LGBTQIA+ individuals. If you are a PC Student or a community member who needs more information regarding LGBTQIA+ matters at Porterville College, please contact:


Jasmin Quinones
Student Life and Leadership Program Manager
(559) 791-2393

Affirmed Name Change Form


At this time a name change with the College is not possible unless a student has legally changed their name. However, there are a variety of ways to change your zoom and canvas display name, get a new PC Student ID card, and inform your faculty of the appropriate name and pronouns to use in class. You can request all these changes by filling out the Affirmed Name Change Form or by reviewing the following information. To learn more about how to change your California State Identity documents, visit the National Center for Transgender Equality, or if you need assistance changing your name/gender with the state or government contact the L.A. Gay and Lesbian Center’s Transgender Resources.