Parking on Campus
Campus Safety is currently not enforcing parking permits for the remainder of the Fall Semester 2023. This means that you are not required to display a parking permit during this period. Please contact Porterville College Public Safety with any questions at (559) 791-2440.
NOTE: Faculty, Staff & Students will receive a ticket if they park in the District or Visitor parking area.
Traffic and Parking Regulations
- Students must purchase a parking permit to park on the Porterville College campus. Students possessing a valid State Disabled Person Placard and/or temporary campus disabled parking permit do not require a parking permit. Those students may park anywhere parking is permitted or disabled parking stall on campus.
- Parking permits are valid only when displayed in the proper manner in/on the vehicle. Proper posting of permits is as follows: Posted on the drivers side, lower left side of the windshield.
- Parking on the Porterville College campus is in marked parking slots. Vehicles must be parked face forward, within the two painted lines and not over the front painted limit line.
- Limited time (30 minutes) visitor parking is provided at the front of the college. Porterville College staff and/or students are NOT visitors or guests. Guests/visitors using limited-time parking do not require parking permits.
- In case of extended visits, guest/visitor parking permits may be obtained at the Information Desk in the Academic Center. The completed guest/visitor parking permit shall be placed in plain view atop the left side of the dash.
- All parking permits are the responsibility of the holder and/or purchaser and will not be replaced if lost or stolen. Report lost/stolen permits to campus security and complete an incident report, available from campus security or the Information Desk.
- No person shall drive, park or leave standing any motor vehicle, motorcycle, moped or motor-driven cycle upon any area not designated for motor vehicle use including any lawn, athletic field, practice area, or sidewalk.
- Read and obey all traffic and parking signs and markings.
- Anyone receiving a citation is allowed to file an appeal contesting the action. Information is listed on the back of the citation. The decision from a written appeal is final.
- The minimum fine for citations issued is $25.00.
- Parking Defined: To park or leave standing any type vehicle, whether occupied or not, other than for the purpose of, or while actually engaged in, loading or unloading passengers and/or equipment. Vehicles shall not be parked or left standing, even though occupied by driver and/or passenger in a loading zone, disabled zone, limited-time zone or any other limited or restricted parking zone, other than that time specified by sign and/or curb markings, or areas not designed for use.
- Staff Only Parking: Staff parking zone is reserved for Porterville College staff with a valid staff or adjunct parking permit
- District Only Parking Zone: Reserved for campus fleet and KCCD vehicles
- Law Enforcement Only Parking: Reserved for the exclusive use of public law enforcement vehicles.
- Orange Curbed Zone: District parking zone for “E” (exempt) district vehicles only.
- Yellow Curbed Zone: Reserved for the exclusive use of public carriers and/or school buses.
- Yellow Posted Zone: Reserved for the exclusive use of district vehicles; loading/unloading passengers (3 minutes); loading/unloading of materials only (30 minutes maximum). May be used by employees, students, visitors and/or vendors.
- Green Zone: For the exclusive use of guests and visitors only, limited to 30 minutes. Other special parking permits may be requested at the Office of Admissions and Records.
- Red Zone: No parking any time - tow away zone.
- Blue Zone: Reserved for the exclusive use of disabled parking.
August 22, 2022