English & Math Placement
English & Math Placement:
- ESL Placement Guide - Download Here
- ESL Guided Self-Placement Grammar and Writing
- ESL Guided Self-Placement Listening and Speaking
3 Steps to Get Into Transfer-Level Math & English Courses
- See a counselor
- Select your transfer-level math and/or English option with guidance from a counselor.
- Enroll in your transfer-level math and/or English course.
Porterville College uses the following measures in the placement of students into English and Math courses:
- High school grade point average
- High school coursework
- High school grades
- CAASPP/EAP Scores
- AP,IB Scores (3,4,5)
*For further details on Multiple Measures please call the Counseling Center to schedule an appointment with a Counselor.
AB 705 is a bill signed by the Governor on October 13, 2017 that took effect on January 1, 2018. The bill requires that a community college district or college maximize the probability that a student will enter and complete transfer-level coursework in English and math within a one year timeframe and use, in the placement of students into English and math courses, one or more of the following: high school coursework, high school grades, and high school grade point average.