All overrides must include: first and last name, date of birth, student ID #, current phone number, student email, class name, semester and attached copy of unofficial transcripts.
If you should see the words prerequisite, co-requisite or recommendation in the catalog, it is important for you to understand the definition of these terms.
- Prerequisite means a condition of enrollment which a student is required to meet in order to demonstrate current readiness for enrollment in a course or educational program.
- Co-requisite means a condition of enrollment consisting of a course which a student is required to simultaneously take in order to enroll in another course.
- Recommendation means a condition of enrollment which a student is advised, but not required, to meet before or in conjunction with enrollment in a course or educational program.
Procedures for Prerequisite Challenge
Students may petition to challenge prerequisites based upon the following criteria:
- The prerequisite has not been made reasonably available.
- The prerequisite was established in violation of a regulation or in violation of the district-approved processes (student documentation required).
- The prerequisite was discriminatory or applied in a discriminatory manner (student documentation required).
- The prerequisite has been met based upon the student's knowledge or ability to succeed in the course despite not meeting the prerequisite (student documentation required).
Location of Prerequisite Challenge Petitions
Prerequisite Challenge Petitions are available in the Learning Center (LRC).