Veteran education

Porterville College honors and supports the sacrifices of those who have served in our nation's military and is approved as an institution of higher learning for the training of veterans and dependents of veterans who are entitled to educational assistance. Services for Veterans include priority registration, designated veterans counselor, free parking pass, and more.

Step 1: Apply for Admission.

Make sure to mark "Veteran" status on the application. Get a copy of your DD214 (Member 4), you will need to provide this to the campus School Certifying Official for certification and priority registration. 

Step 2: Get Benefits

Apply online for your GI Bill® benefits at the VA Benefits page (you can do this prior to your counseling appointment). Provide the School Certifying Official with a copy of the letter you receive. 

Step 3: Get Classes

Make an appointment to see the Veterans Counselor and complete a Student Educational Plan (SEP). Register for classes online through InsidePC account. Return to Veterans Counselor a "Request for Certification - Approved Schedule Plan."

Step 4: Get Aid

Visit the Financial Aid office (AC-103) to receive information about additional financial aid. Complete FAFSA and BOG fee waiver. 

Step 5: Get Going

Go to class and visit the VRC frequently to take advantage of benefits. Meet with Veterans Counselor each semester. Join the Student Veterans Organization. 

For more information, visit our Veteran Services page. 

Click Here for Admissions and Records FAQs

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at